What Happens if I Was Injured by an Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist?

What Happens if I Was Injured by an Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist?

Insuring  vehicles can be a complicated process. Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage is an important add-on to your regular auto, truck or motorcycle insurance policy. This will add a cost to your premium but it can be critical after an accident. Do you know if you have it? Many people don’t. We can check your policy and advise you on what it will cover.

In about half of the personal injury cases handled at the West Palm Beach Law Offices of John M. Howe, we turn to the injured person’s insurance policy to seek payment for medical costs and financial damages after a car accident.

Contact the Law Office of John M. Howe in West Palm Beach, to learn about your options after a car accident. Call us at 561-296-7772 or toll free at 866-930-2938.

How we help with uninsured and underinsured motorist cases

As your personal injury lawyer, we do all the work for you. While you focus on your physical recovery and getting back to life as usual, we will:

  • Set up your claim and investigate the car accident
  • Ensure you see the right doctors to get an accurate diagnosis
  • Make certain your medical bills and records are handled properly
  • Submit a demand package to the insurance company
  • Handle all negotiations so you receive a fair settlement

What is a fair settlement?

By handling an insurance claim by themselves, many people lose out. The insurance company will offer as little as possible. As professionals, we can calculate the real value of your case and prevent you from accepting less than you need and could receive.

We’ve handled the cases for hundreds of car accidents, truck accidents and motorcycle accidents. We understand how to assess the value of your case, where to look for financial compensation, and how to negotiate with insurance companies.

When uninsured motorist coverage comes into play

If you are involved in any hit and run accident, as a pedestrian, bicycler or driver, or if you are hit by a driver who has no car insurance, you can use your own uninsured and underinsured coverage to pay for medical bills, for property loss, and for pain and suffering. If that driver has personal assets, we can bring a lawsuit against them personally to recover money.

If you are injured by a driver who is covered but does not enough to pay the full cost of your expenses, you can collect the total of the other driver’s insurance and then collect the remainder from your own policy.

Remember, your rates will not go up if you file for coverage under your own uninsured and underinsured coverage, and you are not at fault.

To learn more about your rights after a car accident, contact the West Palm Beach Law Office of John M. Howe through our website or give us a call at 561-296-7772 or toll free at 866-930-2938.

Related Posts

Let us help you!

We are committed to fighting your fight, protecting your rights and the rights of your family to ensure that you receive justice and nothing less.

Call : 561-296-7772